Max Strus is a professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as well as one of the first athletes to improve his vision through a cutting-edge procedure known as EVO ICL eye surgery. He had to use contacts and glasses every day due to myopia, so he received the surgery to successfully reduce his dependency on them. After the procedure, he now has better than 20/20 vision, which not only helps him in his personal life but on the court, as well.
Max Strus Vision Growing Up
Strus had contacts and glasses since about the fifth grade, struggling with his vision much like the rest of his family did theirs. After years of constantly needing to worry about glasses and contacts, he finally found the answer to his problems: EVO ICL eye surgery. The procedure would finally reduce his dependency on glasses and contacts.
What Is EVO ICL Eye Surgery?
EVO ICL Eye Surgery is a procedure in which a refractive lens is implanted in the eye, in between the iris and the natural lens. This lens is used to correct common vision problems, such as myopia and astigmatism. The implant is created with a biocompatible Collamer material so that it functions naturally with your eye.
This surgery involves adding technology that will ease your reliance on glasses or contacts and it only takes about 20 to 30 minutes for the surgery to be performed on each eye.
How is EVO ICL Different From LASIK?
Though they may serve similar purposes, LASIK and EVO ICL surgery are very different. EVO ICL is an additive technology that corrects vision without removing any corneal tissue. LASIK, on the other hand, is slightly more invasive as it requires removing corneal tissue.
Benefits of EVO ICL Eye Surgery
There are a wide array of benefits when you undergo EVO ICL Eye Surgery.
- It’s a quick procedure with a fast recovery time
- It can be removed by a surgeon if it’s no longer wanted
- It can result in significant vision improvement
- It can correct nearsightedness and astigmatism
- It doesn’t cause dry eye syndrome, which is common in other corrective procedures
- The lens offers UV protection
- The lens is undetectable once it’s in place
- It provides excellent night vision
- Patients who do not qualify for LASIK or other corrective procedures due to a thin cornea can still undergo this procedure if they meet the other requirements.
Are You a Candidate for EVO ICL?
EVO ICL surgery can be extremely helpful to many, but there are some exceptions.
EVO ICL surgery could be right for you if you:
- Have common eye conditions, like myopia with or without astigmatism
- Fall in the age range of 18-40 years old
- You want to reduce your need for glasses or contacts
- You have maintained a stable prescription for at least one year
The best way to know if you are a candidate is to discuss the EVO ICL eye surgery with one of our knowledgeable doctors.
Expert Care at Clear Choice Laser
Are contact lenses and glasses causing a struggle in your daily life? You don’t have to be a professional on the court to access the EVO ICL surgery, which can reduce your dependency on them.
Our skilled team at Clear Choice Laser will walk you through the process of the procedure, assisting you every step of the way, from your consultation to your aftercare.
Download our free EVO ICL Guide or call us at 440-493-1539 today.