Dr. Sudhinder Koushik is an Ophthalmologist specializing in cataract, refractive, and anterior segment surgery.
Dr. Koushik is a native of Richmond, VA. He graduated from the University of Virginia and completed his medical training at Virginia Commonwealth University – School of Medicine. He completed his Ophthalmology residency at the University of Missouri in Columbia, where he was selected as Chief Resident.
He was drawn to the field of medicine to help others and fell in love with Ophthalmology. He is focused on providing patient-centered care that is tailored to an individual’s vision goals. He strives to improve a patient’s quality of life by improving their vision.
Dr. Koushik lives in the Cleveland area with his loving wife, Dr. Jennifer Luu, a Family Medicine physician. When he isn’t in the clinic or operating room, he enjoys golfing, lifting weights, watching movies, and trying out new restaurants. He is also an avid traveler and has backpacked in various countries!
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, VA, Bachelor of Arts, 2011
- Virginia Commonwealth University – School of Medicine
- Richmond, VA, 2019
- University of Missouri
- Columbia, MO, 2020
- University of Missouri, Columbia – Mason Eye Institute
- Columbia, MO, 2023
- Chief Resident, University of Missouri, 2022-2023
- Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Research Presentation, 2023
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine Dean’s Scholarship Award, 2015-2019
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)