On procedure the day, anesthetic drops will be placed in your eyes and a flap will be created on your cornea. Your individualized treatment information is transferred from the WaveScan to the laser in order to drive the CustomVue procedure. The actual laser procedure typically takes several seconds. Most individuals feel no pain during the procedure.
Benefits of CustomVue™ wavefront-guided treatment over conventional LASIK eye surgery include:
- More predictable outcomes
- 98% 20/20 or better vision
- 70% 20/16 or better vision
- 27% 20/12.5 or better vision
- Better night vision
- Four times as many people are very happy with night vision
- Improved vision after laser eye surgery
- 70% see as well or better than with eyeglasses
- 58% gained up to a line of vision
- 8% gained more than one line of vision
- Better safety profile
- No loss of vision in FDA trials
CustomVue™ wavefront-guided laser eye surgery can also be used for those who previously had conventional laser vision correction and would like to further improve the sharpness and quality of their vision.
After CustomVue, you will notice results immediately, and your vision will continue to improve over the next few days. Typically, you will be scheduled for a follow-up visit the next day, again in about a week, and again around a month after the initial procedure.